Carbon Monoxide Detection Systems: Your Nose Doesn’t Know

Brett MacAllisterBlog1 Comment

Carbon monoxide detection systems are a must-have in any home or other structure that uses open-flame methods of heating or cooking. Every year, over 400 Americans die from exposure to this deadly gas, which has been called “the silent killer” due to the fact that it gives off no odor. Most or all of these deaths could be prevented if a detector was present.

 

Why Carbon Monoxide is deadly

Carbon Monoxide, also known as CO, is a natural by-product of any type of open flame. If you have a fireplace or wood stove, or if you use wood or gas to cook or heat water with, then you release CO into your home whenever you engage in these activities.

 

It’s important that your home be extremely well ventilated at all times. Otherwise, you risk carbon monoxide building up in the air and causing the following problems:

  • Dizziness
  • Nausea
  • Vomiting
  • Light-headedness
  • Confusion
  • Drowsiness
  • Brain damage
  • Death

 

Carbon monoxide levels need not reach lethal levels in order to cause serious harm to your body. Even small amounts can do damage over time, especially to infants, pets, or children. This being the case, it’s vital for you to have one, or preferably more, CO detectors in your home. To be sure you’re safe, however, don’t just settle for the cheapest detector out there. Instead, let us install a high-quality yet affordable model that we fully back and guarantee. Our product comes with these great features:

  • Battery backup in case of power failure.
  • Built tough to last for many years.
  • Can be tied in to other security products to give you true all-in-one protection.

 

Our expert technicians will connect your carbon monoxide detection systems, make sure they’re wired correctly, ensure they’re functioning properly, and answer any questions you might have. The result will be security and peace of mind for you and your family. Call us today for more information.

One Comment on “Carbon Monoxide Detection Systems: Your Nose Doesn’t Know”

  1. Good Evening. In reading the above article I would like to point out that Carbon Monoxide is noted as CO and Carbon Dioxide is C02 they are two different things. While both can be deadly CO will cause asphyxiation quickly , it is odorless, tasteless and colorless.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *